Spanish Ferrovial becomes partner in Dalaman Airport, in transaction advised by ÜNLÜ & Co
Continued interest by international investors in the Turkish market is setting the stage for new merger and acquisition transactions.
Continued interest by international investors in the Turkish market is setting the stage for new merger and acquisition transactions. ÜNLÜ & Co acts as the sell-side advisor in the partial sale of “YDA Havalimanı Yatırım ve İşletme A.Ş. (Dalaman Airport)” to Ferrovial (Spain).
ÜNLÜ & Co Corporate Finance Managing Director İbrahim Romano stated: “We continue to move ahead at a brisk pace in 2022, with a steady stream of transactions, which reinforce our expectations of an upbeat M&A market in Turkey, in the short and medium term.”
Turkey’s leading investment services and asset management group ÜNLÜ & Co acted as the sell-side advisor in the partial sale of YDA Group company “YDA Havalimanı Yatırım ve İşletme A.Ş.”, which holds the operating rights of Dalaman Airport, to Ferrovial (Spain). Upon completion of the transaction, pending Competition Board approval and fulfillment of other conditions, Dalaman Airport will expand their presence under the roof of Ferrovial - YDA Group partnership.
ÜNLÜ & Co Corporate Finance Department Managing Director İbrahim Romano stated: “We observe continuous interest from foreign investors in Turkey’s strategic sectors and leading companies. We are proud to be a part of this very important transaction as the sell-side advisor of YDA Group. We continue to move ahead at a brisk pace in 2022, with a steady stream of transactions, which reinforce our expectations of an upbeat M&A market in Turkey, in the short and medium term.”
About Dalaman Airport:
Dalaman Airport is located on the Mediterranean coast, in one of Turkey's most attractive tourist areas with extensive cultural, sports and leisure facilities. The airport, used by nearly 5 million passengers in 2019, up by 78 since 2006, ranks fourth in Turkey in terms of international passenger numbers.
The airport has two terminals to accommodate both domestic and international flights, with a capacity of more than 20 million passengers per annum; an aircraft apron for more than 40 aircrafts; parking for vehicles and collective transport of tour operators, as well as other auxiliary terminal facilities such as a water treatment plant. There are plans to develop renewable energy and sustainability projects to consolidate it as one of the most energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly airports in Turkey.
About YDA Group:
Having 47 years of experience in various sectors, Turkish conglomerate YDA Group is mainly involved in construction, PPP infrastructure projects exclusively for airports and integrated health campuses along with real estate investment projects. The Group is one of the leading conglomerates in Turkey with its local and international affiliates experienced in 10 countries and 3 continents.
Ferrovial, a leading global infrastructure operator, is committed to developing sustainable solutions. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good; all its operations are conducted in compliance with the principles of the UN Global Compact, which the company adopted in 2002.
About ÜNLÜ & Co
Established in 1996, ÜNLÜ & Co Group has become Turkey’s leading merger and acquisition advisory firm with the 113 successful transactions it has advised on since 1998. The Company also ranks first in terms deals above USD 30 mn, with total number of concluded transactions, total number of cross-border transactions, and total number of private fund transactions since 2010. (Source: Mergermarket)
ÜNLÜ & Co Group ranks second among all financial institutions with a 22 market share (excluding privatizations) in capital market transactions through 2010-2021, involving initial public offerings, secondary public offerings, and accelerated book building; 32 transactions; and an aggregate transaction value of USD 3 billion. (Source: Bloomberg)
ÜNLÜ & Co Group has generated an aggregate volume in excess of TL 2.2 billion through 31 debt instrument issuances since 2013. (Source: Borsa İstanbul)
As one of Turkey’s leading non-performing loan management companies, İstanbul Varlık has TL 350 million in aggregate investments, and a portfolio with capital value of TL 4 billion.
ÜNLÜ & Co also offers personalized investment advisory services to qualified retail and institutional investors through DAHA Investment Advisory, which operates within its premises. Assets managed in the framework of DAHA operations amount to TL 9 billion as of January 2022. In the realm of Asset Management services, ÜNLÜ & Co is active with Fund and Portfolio Management, ÜNLÜ Alternative Assets, and Non-Performing Loan Management, with an employee headcount in excess of 280. Assets managed under Asset Management group amount to around TL 5.1 billion.
Headquartered in Istanbul and having a total employee count close to 500, ÜNLÜ & Co also has offices in İstanbul - Bağdat Street, Ankara and İzmir, along with subsidiaries in New York and London.
Our Major Awards
- BV Awards 2020 & 2021 -Turkey / Best Investment Research Team
- 12th & 13th M&A Atlas Awards- Global M&A Deal of the Year & Emerging Markets- Investment Bank of the Year
- “Most Admired Brokerage Firm-2021”- Capital Magazine 21th “Most Admired Companies in Business World” Research
- 6th TSPB Capital Markets Awards- Leader of Mergers and Acquisitions-2020
- Globee Business Excellence Awards- Learning Management Solution – Gold Award
- Stevie Awards for Great Employers 2021- Achievement in Learning Technology Implementation- Silver Stevie Award
- Bonds & Loans Turkey Awards- Local Currency Bond Deal of the Year
- ARC Awards 2021- Interior Design, Gold Prize / Traditional Annual Report, Silver Prize/
Chairman’s/ President’s Letter, Silver Prize
- EMEA Finance/ Europe Banking Awards 2020- Turkey’s Best Merger & Acquisition House Award
- Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2015- Best Merger & Acquisition House of the Year
- Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2016/ 2019- Turkey’s Best Investment Bank
- ACQ5 Global Awards 2020 -Turkey- Investment Bank of the Year
- 5th TSPB Capital Markets Awards- Leader of Mergers and Acquisitions & Social Impact Project (ÜNLÜ & Co Women Entrepreneurs Academy)
- Bonds & Loans 2020 - Project Finance Deal of the Year Nominee - Unifree Duty Free A.Ş. Third Airport Project / Structured Bond Deal of the Year Runner-Up - ÜNLÜ Menkul Hasat Asset Finance Fund / Tarfin Tarım A.Ş.
- Sardis Awards - Positive Social Impact – Social Gender Equality / ÜNLÜ & Co Women Entrepreneurs Academy / Silver Sardis
- ARC Awards 2020 - Photography, Gold Prize / Traditional Annual Report, Silver Prize / Chairman's/President's Letter, Silver Prize
- İstanbul Marketing Awards 2020 - Annual Report Design
Kaynak: (BHA) - Beyaz Haber Ajansı
Türkçe karakter kullanılmayan ve büyük harflerle yazılmış yorumlar onaylanmamaktadır.